Admit it. You saw this coming.
Boulder’s got a thriving scene of psychics, aura-readers, energy workers, spiritual healers, palm and tarot readers, intuitives — you name it. A large chunk of the community strives to see (or at least sense) life beyond the surface.
In fact, Boulder is home to two different psychic schools. The multi-decade-old Psychic Horizons Center holds special events, workshops, certifications, private readings and more. Kids’ psychic classes. Pet readings.
The Boulder Psychic Institute also has various community events and workshops (including weekly free readings), plus undergrad and graduate programs.
Whether you want a simple psychic reading, an aura healing or to communicate with your grumpy cat, there are many different ways to tap into your intuition and energy in Boulder.
That’s right; psychic work isn’t exactly about “reading the future,” because everyone has free will, according to local psychics. It’s more about being present and aware of your intuition, your own energy and other people’s energy.
Now that we’ve clarified that, here are 15 ways to experience Boulder, uh, psychically.
1. Go on haunted downtown tours with a historian/spirit medium. A local ghost hunter provides nontraditional tours of the Front Range. Medium Dori Spence guides haunted history walking tours through Longmont and the surrounding communities. Get more information by calling 970-344-9897 or emailing SocietyOfKindredSpirits@gmail.com.
2. Get your pet’s reading. Yes, your furry friend can visit the psychic, too. Psychic Horizons offers pet readings to communicate with your little raggamuffin on an energetic level. Wondering if he’s sick or why he goes crazy barking when that one poodle walks by? These readings claim to provide insight into all kinds of stuff, even your animal’s past life.
Want more? You can bring your pet to a pet blessing.
Want to take some action? Psychic Horizons offers special classes on healing animals.
3. Visit a women’s healing clinic. Ladies, this one’s just for you. Women are invited to bring their concerns to a special healing clinic and work on a spiritual resolution.
4. Learn how to become clairvoyant. Want to be psychic yourself? The psychic schools in town offer a variety of classes to teach you how. For example, there’s a year-long course on how to become clairvoyant. Spoiler alert: The tools are simple, yet powerful, and they’re designed to increase your intuitive awareness, which suggests you already have it to begin with.
5. Get a free psychic reading. If you’re on a budget or just curious, check out Psychic Horizon’s free, one-hour readings by undergraduate students. They will provide insight into what you’re working on now, teach about your past lives or communicate with the seven layers of your aura. These are 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Saturdays by appointment.
6. Get a free aura and chakra reading. After your free psychic reading, head to the Boulder Psychic Institute for a free chakra reading 6 p.m. every Thursday.
The Psychic Horizons Center also offers free aura and chakra healings on a drop-in basis 5-6:15 p.m. Tuesdays.
7. Get a low-cost psychic reading. If you can’t make the window of time for a free reading, you can get one for cheap at Psychic Horizons Center. For just $35, you can book a one-hour reading by a graduate student. For these, you can bring a specific question or issue you need help with. You can even do these remotely on the phone if you can’t make it into the center.
8. Look for psychic opportunities at community events. You can often find psychic booths at local events, like the Colorado Hometown Festival in the fall.
9. Book a psychic for a party. Balloon artists and clowns are overdone. Book a psychic to come to your next party. They do hands-on demos and more.
10. Attend a meditative church service. If a traditional church isn’t for you, try the nondenominational Church of Inner Light. After a spiritual lesson, there will be food and aura and chakra healings. Church meets 10:30 a.m.-noon one Sunday a month.
12. Experience a trance medium healing. This is a different kind of healing, where you sit in front of several different healers who are running specific vibration of energy through their bodies. This high vibration is supposed to let them leave their body so they can heal you on an extremely powerful level. The healing lasts 15 minutes. You can get a trance medium healing on any issue. Bonus: On the second Friday of every month, you can receive a channeled healing from an archangel during the free healing and meditative service.
13. Heal your business. Your company may need helping, too. The Boulder Psychic Institute offers business healings to help increase the success of your business and renew motivation for work. You can do it in person or over the phone.
14. Go to the psychic fair. Downtown Boulder holds an annual Psychic Fair on Pearl Street, where you can get short readings for a discounted rate, and then browse the Pearl Street Arts Fest.
15. Kick it with the Conscious Tribe. Looking for other like-minded Boulderites and a great calendar of ever-changing events? Check out the Conscious Tribe. This group promotes events like a Reiki Share (sharing healing and Reiki energy with each other), Songs, Stories and Chants and Applying the Law of Attraction to healing.